I have worked for many years with women, as a Licensed Massage Therapist (specializing in Myosomatic Work), Ordained Reverend, Vibratiional Healing Therapist, Intuitive Healer, Reflexologist, Shamanic Healer, Certified Reiki Master Teacher, and my favorite role...Mother.
I have worked with many amazing women from a broad spectrum of walks of life, and feeling blessed with each and every client. As women, we are asked to assume many roles in our lives: Career Woman, Wife, Mother, Sister, Caretaker for aging family, Administrator, Financial planners, Logistics Engineers, and Crisis Management Supervisors. We are in the trenches with those that we love, often placing ourselves last on the list (if we are on our list at all!)
.Women especially need to have a soft place to land, where we can recharge, restore, decompress, and process. We need time with the women in our life, we need time alone each day to breathe, to stop, or slow down, and set the multi-tasking aside.Without that soft place to land, a nest in which to recharge and restore, we can become frustrated, and our lives can start to feel stagnant with one day blurring into the next.
We, as women, can find balance in our lives if either our home or our work is a place of peace, solace, and satisfaction. If both are frustrating, and we have not time to ourselves, with the pressure of constantly meeting other people's agendas or needs, it can lead to depression, fatigue, anxiety, and feeling discontent. This is the one of the reasons that women walk away from marriages and relationships...something has got to give!
There is hope!
Here are the steps you can take to get your life back:
1. Safe space to emote or express yourself. It is okay to cry, or to state how you feel out loud to release your tension. Sometimes you just need a good cry to feel better.
2. Creative outlet: painting, sewing, singing, or anything that brings out your inner artist.
3. Quality time with beloved pets. Your animals do not judge nor criticize you, they simply love you for you.
4. Exercise or physical activity will kinesthetically release the frustrations you are feeling and give you that endorphic lift.
5. Time with your best girlfriends. Even making time to meet for a cup of tea or a light lunch can lift your spirits.
6. Pamper yourself. It does not need to be fancy! Get your haircut, have a makeover, get a massage, take a long hot soak in the tub,or get a mani-pedi. Get a sitter for the kids, and make time for you.
7. Listening to music or watching a movie that makes you laugh can take you out of your head. Laughter and smiling can change your mood (for the better) dramatically.
8. Create small spaces for your alone time. I will sit in the parking lot at the grocery store for a few minutes alone to regroup and decompress from my day. My family has become accustomed to the amount of time that I take at the store and do not question how long I am gone.
9. Set the guilt aside, you are not being selfish taking time for you. For all that you give, remember that you need to be fulfilled to really impact others in a positive way.
10. Create rituals that are part of your daily routines. For example. Get up 15 minutes early, before everyone else is up and simply enjoy your hot cup of tea or coffee. You have to make time for your physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional balance and well-being.
11. Celebrate the small points of success in your day, give more energy to the positives in your life rather than the negative perspective.Take back your life! You can fulfill your hopes, dreams, and goals, and live the life that you envision (without letting those in your life down).
12. Have a prayer or meditation practice to reinforce the Divine Connection.
Dear Ones, I empower you to make today the first day of the new you! Thank you for sharing this time together, it is a joy and an honor to connect with you!
In Divine Love,
Thank you to my daughter for her co-authorship of this article. I appreciate your feedback and input.